17 August 2009

My life as of lately...

I feel like it has been weeks since I have blogged. Not only do I feel like I have been too busy to blog, but I also feel like I haven't had anything exciting to blog about. I feel like this summer has gone by so fast and I cannot believe it is already almost September! It's crazy how fast life goes by in the real world.

Here is a brief recap of my summer:
  1. Celebrated our 1 year anniversary - we actually had 2 weddings that weekend so we spent our anniversary celebrating with wonderful friends and family
  2. We went to the Bahamas with my family and had a WONDERFUL time!! It was so nice to spend a whole week with my family and with Griffin!
  3. We went to 4 wonderful weddings: Drew and Leslie Eure's in Carrolton, Andy and Whitney's in Waco, Courtney and Jake's in Madisonville, and Jackie's in Fort Worth!
  4. My mom, sisters and I had girls night every Monday night - some of our activities included going to the movies, eating out, shopping, and going to Simply Fondue!
  5. My beautiful sister got engaged to Ryan! This was such an exciting event for our family!! After returning from Colorado, which was where they got engaged, we threw her a surprise engagement party and she was so surprised!!
  6. We celebrated the 4th of July in Granbury with friends and family!
  7. Our dogs got out of our yard and our airconditioner broke all in one day - on my birthday - we found the dogs 2 days later but is was extremely traumatic!
  8. Some of my girlfriends and I attempted to have a bible study in Dallas but, after 3 weeks of canceling it because some people could not come, we decided it would be best to wait until the fall when everyone was settled in! I did, however, get to go to Dallas a couple of times to eat with Fromm and Marie!
  9. I opened up my own interior design business and, so far, it has gone relatively well! I have had 3 clients, and have one scheduled, which is way more than I expected starting out!
  10. I have looked, and looked, and looked for a teaching job but have had no luck. I have decided to take another content test so I can be more marketable. Apparantly high school English is not the best area to go into. When I think about it, most of the teachers I had for English are still there. So, I signed up to take the 4-8 generalist test and am going to keep looking! They say there should be another hiring frenzy in october/november when Obama sends out money to school districts! We will see!
  11. I went through substitute teacher training for Fort Worth ISD and am signed up for Granbury's substitute orientation as well! If you need a sub, give me a call!
  12. I babysat 3-4 days a week for my precious nephew all summer! It was such a wonderful experience but I have to admit I am ready for the break. I finished last week and am looking forward to a week of relaxing. Babies are a ton of work!
  13. Griffin and I sold our cars and got new ones in the effort to save some money on car payments!! Griffin got a 1984 Jeep CJ7 and has already fixed it up! It is really vintage and super cute. We love driving around at night with the top off and the windshield down listening to CCR - Creedence Clearwater Revival, although we do love Cross Canadian. I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I love as well!
  14. And last but not least, Graham and Amy got engaged on Friday night!! We are so excited to have her as a part of our family and we could not be more excited for them!
Now to what I have coming up...
  1. Finishing my online training for teacher certification... it is sooooo boring!
  2. Finish my face to face training for teacher certification... 2 sessions down, 11 to go!
  3. Start subbing... I think it will be fun to figure out which grades I enjoy the most!
  4. Keep working on the interior design stuff... the more clients the better!
  5. Whitney and I are going to LA in 2 weeks to see Ashley! I can't wait!!
  6. We are going to Carmel in October for our dear friend Matt Parker's wedding. We love Matt, Heidi and Hazel and can't wait to share with them in their special day!
  7. And I suppose helping Amanda with wedding planning!! I think in another life I would be a wedding planner :)
I can't wait for the Fall! I hope everyone else is doing wonderful!!

With love,
Maggie

1 comment:

Lissa Michelle said...

Great update! Bad news though...it's a no go on the long term sub gig. :( BUT I will be calling you to sub for me and will pass your name around to EVERYONE! Love you. Love being updated on everything!