While I didn't find tons of stuff, I definitely didn't walk away empty handed. If you haven't been into Pottery Barn or seen their catalog recently, they have completely transformed their look. While it is still outrageously expensive, it has given me some major inspiration. Since "farmhouse/vintage/cottage" is right down my alley, I am loving Pottery Barn right now. Anywhooo, I have had my eyes on these vintage soda crates for quite a while, but couldn't bare the idea of spending 50 buckaroos on 2 of them... or bare the idea of asking Griffin if we could get them!

With these crates on my mind, as well as a few other things, I headed into Witherspoon's with my mom today. After about a 1/2 hour of wandering around, my eyes fell on these two beauties with price tags reading 8 and 4 dollars. I squealed with excitement. I mean, they are seriously almost identical.
Aren't they great?!?! I also have been wanting a vintage kitchen scale for quite sometime. No pottery barn inspiration this time, I think I actually found the idea on The Lettered Cottage or on Cottage 8. Anywhooo, I think its precious!
My next mission is to make these...

With burlap at $1.50 a yard, and burlap webbing at $.60 a yard, I think I can make these for about $3.00 per pillow... as opposed to $39.00-$49.00 per pillow! We will see!!
Hope all of you have a fabulous, snow-filled weekend!
Love,
Maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment