02 April 2010

1st Day of School

Although Griffin really wanted to take a picture of me today on my first day of school, the thought of me standing outside by my car with a backpack sounded hilarious to him, we forgot to take it this morning at 7am when I left the house. So, a detailed account of my day will have to do. Just kidding. But in all seriousness, my first day of school was absolutely wonderful. Because students don't start for another two weeks, Marsha, my principal, Karen, our receptionist, and I spent the day organizing the front desk, sorting curriculum, and preparing our individual classrooms. Because we are starting at an odd time of the year, with only 6 weeks left, I am going to be the only full-time teacher. While this definately scares me, I am excited about the challenge that it will provide. We are estimating about 75-80 students for the rest of this school year and are optimistic that we will be at full enrollment (200) by the fall. We are going to have more teachers by the Fall too, which is definately a good thing!!

Anyways, my responsibilities will be English and History which I am super excited about! After spending the day with Marsha, I am so excited about working with her. She has such a positive and energetic personality and her enthusiasm is contagious. Although the past year and a half has been extremely stressful, I know that this is a part of God's plan for my life. I feel like this is right where I am supposed to be, working with kids who, for one reason or another, are not succeeding in the traditional school setting. I can't wait to see how God works through our school to help the community.

If you want to read more about the company, go to our website.

On a side note, we are packing like crazy tonight because we are moving tomorrow!! I will post later this weekend or early next weekend with details of the move!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

If you are interested, be sure to check out my mom's blog for a wonderful Easter sermon that she preached on Wednesday. It is pretty amazing I must say :)

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

Lissa Michelle said...

I need to go listen to your mom's sermon. I am so excited for your new job! You were definitely hand picked to be there! Love ya. Good luck this week. Hope you got all unpacked ;)