22 March 2009

Family Time...

On Friday Griffin and I decided we would go to Granbury for the weekend. We were already going to Steven's Ranch out in Walnut Springs for the night on Friday so we figured we would just stay all day Saturday and Sunday there as well. After Grif got off work on Friday, we headed down to Walnut Spring, of course stopping on the way for Chicken Express, which Griffin HAS TO HAVE every time we go to granbury. We ended up getting there around 8:30 or so and by 11:30, we (Me, Grif, Graham, Amy and Steven) were all in bed. As each day passes I feel I'm becoming more and more lame! Anyways, Saturday morning we woke up and went shooting. Although I do think Griffin and Graham's obsession with guns is a bit strange, I have come to enjoy shooting with them! I must say, Amy and I are both naturals! So after a few hours of shooting, we headed into Granbury and went down to the square for General Granbury's Birthday Party. We walked around looking at the different vendors and, although I did not find anything there, I did find 3 AMAZING finds at Almost Heaven. Every once in a while they have a carraige sale out back where there is a ton of stuff on sale. Although I typically do not find anything, Carol had to pick up a shower gift so we ran in there. I found 2 framed and matted original etchings from 1901, both for, drumroll please... $10 a piece!!! I freaked out! If you know me at all, you are aware of my obsession with antiques. So I was a bit ecstatic!! I also found a candelabra for $15, which was a steal! Lori, Hastings, and Hayden were in town also, so we basically spent the afternoon admiring Hayden!! Saturday night we went to dinner with my family at Mi Familia. I hadn't seen Micah in a couple of weeks so it was so wonderful to see her. She is growing up so fast it is unreal. I feel like it was just yesterday when she was born and now she is 6 years old!! She just started taking guitar lessons so my dad surprised her with a new hot pink guitar! Here is a picture of her...

So needless to say...she is precious!!

After dinner we went to see Duplicity with my dad and Cynthia. Although it was quite confusing, I did enjoy it! While I might not recommend seeing it in theatre, it definitely is worthy of being rented. On Sunday we went to my mom's house for lunch and I helped her clean out her closet. This women seriously has more clothes than any person I have ever met in my entire life, all of which I must say, are from the Clothes Horse on the Square and Chicos!! After about 2 hours, we finished and she was very excited about her clean closet!!

We headed back to Fort Worth around 3:00 and spent most of the afternoon doing stuff around the house. We put the first coat of paint on the kitchen cabinets, hung a new chandelier medallion that we painted, built a dog house, and cleaned the house!! Overall, it was a very prodictive afternoon. One of the hardest things about buying a house, and buying an extremely old house at that (1929), is that there are always projects that can be done. And when you are like me, anal retentive, obsessive compulsive, etc, it is very hard for me to do things one at a time or at a slow pace. So... we tend to start 150 projects at once, and then slowly finish them all. I told Griffin that after we finish rehabing the kitchen, stripping and staining the front door, and landscaping the yard, we are done for a few months. We will see if that actually happens :)

Sunday night, Hastings, Lori and Hayden came over, as well as Graham and Amy, for the season finale of Big Love, which I must say did not leave me disappointed. It was SOOO good and there wasn't a huge cliff hanger that I am going to have to wait 9 months to see the result!

On the job front, I have a teaching fair on Thursday with 8 different school districts so everyone keep your fingers crossed. I feel so extremely unprepared for this it is not even funny but, hopefully, I will do fine.

This weekend I also decided that at some point in my life, I am going to open up my own interior design business. I already have a name picked out and a business plan drawn up but, I do not have an interior design degree (meaning I probably could not get hired at an interior design company) or the capital for it to be my only job at the moment. I am saying this because I want to start building my portfolio up so that, when the time is right, I can quit whatever job I have and start doing it full time. So...if any of you are buying or building a new house, or simply want to change up the way your house looks, I would love to help you redecorate/redesign your space for free!! I will post some pictures of some things I have already done and if you are interested, or if you know someone who is interested, give them my phone number... 817-578-0908!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend as well!

Until next time...

Maggie

No comments: