19 May 2009

Blah blah blah...

I haven't blogged much the past couple of weeks because there is honestly nothing exciting going on in my life. Now that I am done with school, I really don't have much to do. I have three more weeks working at the Church, which makes me happy and sad simultaneously. While working there has been such a wonderful learning experience, I am anxious to see what God has in store for me. Oddly enough, Allie is going to be taking over my position at the Church. She starts grad school in the fall at UTA so this job was the perfect fit for her. I am spending the next couple of weeks training her and babysitting Grant, my nephew. After 2 days of babysitting, 10 hours each day, I honestly cannot imagine being a stay at home mom, or for that matter, a parent in general. It is so tiring and at times, maddening! If they are not hungry, they are tired and if they are not tired, then you most likely are. It is a never-ending cycle of needs and wants and wants and needs. However needy they might be, they are so precious. While Griffin and I don't plan on having them for a few more years, I can totally imagine how much they are going to change our world!

So, I am babysitting a few days a week, training Allie a few days a week, looking for a job in the hours in between and of course, looking for things to do in our almost complete house. We have worked so hard on our house over the past 6 months that I am kind of sad to see it nearing completion. I love decorating, re-finishing furniture, looking for the perfect pieces for particular locations, etc. And now, the house has been decorated, nearly all the furniture has been refinished, and there is literally, not a square inch of empty space left in our house. Griffin and I went to an antique mall a few days ago and there were about 10 things that I wanted SOOOOO bad!! Griffin, being the rational one in the relationship, asked me, "where are we going to put it??" I of course dismissed the irrelevant question. Anyways, all of this being said, I need a hobby... or perhaps a project of some sort. Any ideas????

On another note... I have an interview on Wednesday at First United Methodist Church in Hurst for a Director of Children's Ministry position. While I typically wouldn't tell many people for fear that I would get stupid-excited (one of Griffin's favorite terms), I figure that the more people who know and who say a quick prayer for me the better. I normally don't ask people to pray for me, for some reason I feel awkward. I pray for other people all of the time and like it when people ask me to pray for them, but for some reason I never ask others to pray for me. Anyways, all of that being said, I am finally asking. I have been looking for a job for quite some time now. While I was looking into teaching as an alternative to church work, working in a church is where my real passion is! FUMC Hurst is a wonderful church with an already well-established Children's program! I truly believe I would LOVE the job!!

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well!!
Lyndsey and Will, Happy 1 Year Anniversary!!
And everyone else, have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!!!
Yeah 4 day weekend!!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

aw mags, thanks for the shout out! will be lifting you up throughout the weekend and next week! GOOD LUCK!!!

Lissa Michelle said...

Mag, I can SO SEE you in that job and I pray that it works out for if that is where He wants you to be. The right thing will come along for sure. LOL at you babysitting Grant! I'm sure you are great with him! Don't be discouraged...it is a lot of work, but at the same time, somehow God gives us the strength (and the adrenaline) we need to do it when it is our time. :) Love you and keep us posted. I'm thinking and praying for you!