Looking back on the day he proposed, I am not quite sure how I didn't know what was going on. Basically everyone around me was acting extremely strange. Because Friday was Griffin's birthday and he had been telling me all week that he wanted to stay in Waco for the night for his birthday. I had, of course, been complaining about it all week because, as far as I knew, everyone was going home because it was Easter weekend. So I begrudgingly agreed to stay in town. So we planned on going to eat at Elite, a favorite of Griffin and Graham, at around 7:00. So I was at home getting ready and talking to Taylor on the phone, who supposedly was on her way to go judge cheerleading tryouts in some obscure town. So while I am talking to her, Griffin beeps in telling me that he is running late...so of course I am extremely annoyed and probably told him that. So I tell him that's is fine and that he can pick me up whenever he gets done getting ready. As I continue my conversation with Taylor, someone knocks on the door. Since I was the only one home, I go open it and there are roses on the step. I think I knew what was going on when I saw the roses, but I was still a bit confused. There was a letter with the flowers that said "Meet me at our swing!" So I freak out and tell Taylor what is going on and she is like, "O, that's weird!" (Little did I know, she was in the car with James when he came to deliver the flowers!!!) So I get in the car, drive to campus, and walk over to the swing where Griffin is waiting for me. He said a lot of sweet things I don't remember, proposed, and we were engaged!!! Although I don't remember all the things he said that day, I do remember it being one of the happiest days of my life!!
Anywhoo... after he proposed, we went to Elite and all of our friends from Baylor and from High School were there waiting for us!!!
Here are some pictures from the evening!!!



Until next time,Maggie
1 comment:
Aw, how fun! I can't believe it's been 2 years. Wow. What a fun night. I love your Way back Whensdays idea!
Post a Comment