03 May 2010

Miles of Stripes and Shades of Navy

Per your request, here are some pictures from some of the projects going on in our house. Let me remind you that nothing, and I mean nothing, has been decorated yet.

The first room we tackled was one of our guest bedrooms. We chose to tackle this one first because it was embarrassingly ugly. I think I had the paint brushes out before Griffin took the moving truck back :)

First the before...


then the during...


and now the after...


The stripes really didn't take that long and after the whole process was over, we were soooo glad we did it. The room looks totally different and much brighter! O, and replacing that hideous chandelier definately didn't hurt! Although the floors are in pretty good condition, we are eventually going to have them all refinished in a darker stain. The transformation of this room really goes to show how much paint can transform a room. We spent $120 on this room ($99 for the new ceiling fan, $20 for paint from Lowe's)

The work we did in the jack-and-jill bathroom joining our two guest bedrooms was minimal. We were super lucky in that everything had been by the previous owners with super nice stuff. The paint on the vanity, however, was just not my style. We simply painted it a deep navy color to match the amazing, original tile in the bathroom and I found a mirror and painted it that same navy color. I love the final results and we only spent about $25 in there ($19.99 for the mirror from Tuesday Morning and $5.00 for a quart of paint from Lowe's) 

The before... not bad, just not my style
 notice the adorable floor tiles :) 

and then the after


I know this picture doesn't really show the vanity, so I will try and take another one this week! This project literally took less than 45 minutes!

Now that TAKS is finally over, I am hoping to be able to work on the house a little bit more... or i suppose help Griffin work on the house. Have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is? He is painting board and batten as I blog. I love you Grif :)

We are hoping to have finished our master bedroom by the end of this week so stay tuned for the big reveal!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I am a sucker for stripes! great job! keep the before and afters coming!