09 May 2010

Verdicts In: We are having a baby!!

Yes, if you read the title of this post and freaked out, it is true, i am with child. Griffin and I are still finding it hard to believe that by December 6, we will have a little one running around. We told all of our parents and close friends today, so i figured i would tell ya'll tonight... since I know it will be all over Facebook by tomorrow morning! We wanted to wait until my first trimester was over to tell everyone, but with Mother's Day here, we knew there wouldn't be a better opportunity to spill the beans!

We dropped the big news to each of our families by giving our moms mother's day cards that said, "we got you a gift but it won't be delivered until December 6, 2010!" Needless to say, they were all stunned! There were many laughs, many tears, and already lots of conversation on nursery decorations, which is why we painted the stripes by the way :) I know, we are sneaky.

O, and for those of you who don't know, Griffin's grandchild pool is about to grow from 2 to 5 by the end of the year. That's right. Hastings/Lori and Austin/Kally each already have a son... and both of them are pregnant again. Kally is having another boy and is due July 11 and Lori is having a girl and is due September 18th. I'm due December 6, so that put us each about 2.5 months apart. I think it will be so much fun to watch them grow up together.

O, and if you are curious about names we have picked out, check out this post . I know, i know, we definitely need more boy names. Luckily we have the next 7 months to figure that out! And for those of you who are curious, we will be figuring out whether or not this baby is a girl or boy! I mean, we have decorating decisions to make!

I'm really going to try to post a lot during our pregnancy and will definitely include tons of pictures as out bare guest-bedroom turns into a precious nursery!

Love,
Maggie

3 comments:

Emily Powell said...

congrats! a bit jealous! we're still waiting a few more months...

Lyndsey said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

Lissa Michelle said...

YEA!!!!! congrats!!! i'm so happy for you two! so, so, so fun! happy & healthy 9 mos to you!