07 January 2010

A Decade in Review

After seeing this on one of my friend's blogs, I figured I would give it a whirl...
Here are the highlights of the past 10 years of my life :) 

2000 - This was my freshman year of high school, one of my favorite years in school. Went to Paris with my Dad and Amanda and began dating my ex-boyfriend. 

2001 - Continued dating my ex-boyfriend and had a relatively uneventful year at school aside from the terrible events of 9/11. I had just gotten to school when I found out the first tower had been hit and was watching the t.v. live in Mrs. Maine's chemistry class when the second tower was hit... a week I will definitely not forget.   

2002 - Turned 16, got my first car, broke up with my ex-boyfriend, and began dating Griffin 10 days later. It is crazy to think we started dating that long ago and to reflect on how much our relationship has changed. We are totally different people now than we were then but the things that made me fall in love with him remain the same. 

2003 - I don't remember much about junior year to be quite honest. I remember a lot of soccer games were played between both high school and club soccer and a lot of wonderful memories with my friends who I remain extremely close to to this day. This was also our first year to go to prom! Griffin claims it was "overrated" but I remember it being magical.

2004 - Senior Year - To this day, this year ranks #1 as the best year of my life. I spent the year making memories with Griffin and our group of friends that I will cherish forever. We went to prom, graduated, and said way to many goodbyes to our close friends as we all went our separate ways to college. Griffin and I began at Baylor that Fall. 

2005 - During the spring semester, I pledged Chi-Omega (the most amazing group of women I have ever been blessed enough to spend time with) and Griffin pledged FIJI (they are pretty cool too I suppose :) All of our friends reunited in Granbury for the first summer of college and we returned to Baylor in the fall for our second year. 

2006 -  In the spring we got Toby, our first puppy!! Summer of 06 I spent studying abroad  Costa Rica with Ashley Sullivan and in Austria with Marie. Best. Summer. Ever. We went to Munich, Prague, Vienna, and many other insanely beautiful places! 

2007 - Griffin and I got engaged in April (on his birthday)!! In may of 07 I graduated from Baylor and Griffin and I began the most difficult 9 months of our relationship: long-distance!! I was living at home going to TCU for my masters and Griffin was finishing his last year at Baylor. We made it through :) 

2008 - June 14 I married my best friend. We went to tons of wedding that summer and Griffin began work at Edward Jones, and then at JP Morgan while I finished my last year of school and worked at First Methodist Fort Worth. We also gained a new family member when we got Jack, our second dog! With no intentions to purchase a home so early, in December we bought our first house in Fort Worth! 

2009 - I graduated from TCU, began searching for a job and, with no luck, enrolled in an alternative certification program to become a teacher. When I couldn't find a teaching job either, I began subbing, all the while, fixing up our new abode. 

These are just the highlights, although I know I am missing some family vacations (Hawaii, Bahamas, etc.) and some weddings!! It is so hard to think back over a 10 year time span and try to remember what all we did! 

We have been blessed beyond belief these past 10 years and cannot wait to see what the next 10 have in store for us! My prediction is a move to Granbury, a new career in teaching, and a few little kiddos to complete our family! 

I hope you have been equally blessed! Here is to a new year! 

With love, 
Maggie 

1 comment:

Lissa Michelle said...

VERY CUTE new header! Love that picture! Love the decade in review post...I'm going to copy!