22 November 2010

baby rocker

well the last piece of furniture has finally been placed in the nursery. this past weekend, my mother and father in law picked up our rocker from the upholster while in east texas. when it came to finding a rocker for our nursery, i knew i wanted something different than the usual glider, but also knew that i didn't want to spend a fortune on it. after looking around for a bit, i realized that i had what i needed right in front of me. when we moved my granddad into a nursing home a couple of years ago, there was a rocker in his house that i kept because it was in perfect condition, despite the horrific 1970's plaid fabric. i wasn't sure at the time where i would use it, or if i would even ever splurge on having it recovered. once we got pregnant, i remembered the rocker and decided that it would be perfect for the nursery.

{the before}


{and the afters}









so what do you guys think? 

do you guys like reupholstered antiques or do you prefer buying new? do tell. 

i heart chairs :) 

happy monday everyone. 

love, 
maggie 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my word! That looks like a totally new chair! I love it- well done! I'm gonna have to go with reupholstered antiques over buying new.

Emily Powell said...

looks great! buy old and have redone if you can...that's always the way to go!

Amanda said...

WOW!!! that looks amaazing!!!

Katie Olthoff said...

I love reupholstered antiques, and yours looks perfect! I'm so glad you kept the pleated skirt...I have a serious thing for pleats.