* Paint spare bedroom numero uno (tone on tone stripes)
* Paint spare bedroom numero dos (neutral tan color)
* Board and batten our bedroom
* Install new ceiling fans in all three bedrooms and in the living room
* Rip up all carpet (3 rooms)
* DIY an oversized lampshade into a chandelier (goal is for it to look like this at half the price)* Install school house style light fixtures in the hallway* Paint every door in the entire house (yes, every door was faux finished all nasty kinds of colors)* Paint the built-ins and fireplace in the living room white
* Paint the living room a neutral creme color
* Put the same wallpaper that is going in the dining room in the backs of the built-ins in the living room
* Paint our buffet table the same coral color of our couch (Griffin is actually finishing this as I type)
* Install beadboard 3/4 the way up the wall in the dining room * Put wallpaper on the remaining 1/4 of the wall in the dining room
* Paint the shutters and the front door black (they are currently a dark grey color)
* Red = project completed
Once we finish up these last few things, our minds are going to focus narrowly on our kitchen, which we intend on completely gutting before the baby arrives. After looking into a lot of different options, we are thinking about doing an IKEA kitchen, not only because it is affordable, but also because it has tons of great farmhouse style options, which is right up my ally :)
Here is a mood board I created with some of the elements I am eyeing for our kitchen.
Everything is from IKEA except for the carrera marble, which i have a sick obsession with. Our plan is to blend the modern touches of stainless steel, with the rustic touch of the butcher block, with the french touch of carrera marble to create an eclectic farmhouse look. I am SUPER excited. In order to get a better idea of the products IKEA offers, Grif and I are planning on making a trip there on Saturday!
Love,
Maggie

3 comments:
wow, that list is exhausting to just read! it's going to all look so cute. i've missed your blogs. hope you're feeling well. can't wait to spend time with you next weekend!
I can't wait to see the kitchen - IKEA is the best! Sounds like y'all have done a lot...you can let Griffin do the rest, you're busy baking a bun! Get some rest!
I love the moodboard. I'm dying for an all white kitchen and I LOVE carrera marble!
Post a Comment