{one} i feel like the fall is going by soooo fast. i don't know if its because im so busy with school and preparing for the baby or not, but these weeks seem to go by so fast. monday to friday is a whirlwind around here, which i definitely am not complaining about.
{two} i feel like a science experiment. i know it is a perfectly normal thing for pregnant women to get stared at all the time. i, however, do not enjoy it. every time my kiddos walk into my classroom they exclaim "wow miss walton, you are getting so big"... to which i respond, "why thank you, that makes me feel wonderful!!" yes, i know that you are supposed to get bigger when you are pregnant. yes, i know that it is the baby, not fat, taking over my body. and yes, i do know that there is no better reason to give up your body than for a precious baby. i still find it extremely difficult getting bigger. get over it.
{three} i cannot wait for our trip to boston. we leave friday morning and im already getting anxious. plus, i'm excited to have 3 days off from work. i think i might start packing tonight :)
{four} we have to finish the following things this week before we leave for boston. if we do not, i think i might go crazy. they have been on our list for weeks and weeks and weeks now:
* paint the front door black
* finish decorating for fall
* finish registering at babiesrus
* put the finishing touches on the crib
* touch up the white shelves in the nursery
{five} i need to schedule our prenatal classes at the hospital. i keep saying im going to do it and i keep putting it off. there are so many to choose from and i honestly am not sure which ones i need. im thinking about doing the childbirth class and the breastfeeding class. any suggestions from you ladies who are already mommas on which ones might be helpful? do tell.
{six} i really want to start a weekly blog link-up like a lot of you ladies have. i love miscellany monday, the blessing box on tuesday, and transformation thursday, so i am trying to think of something different. does anyone have any ideas? i'm thinking something that has to do with pregnancy? or maybe something faith-related? or maybe even something home-decor-related... like maybe the best deals of the week or something? i seriously want your input so leave me a comment!!
hope everyone is having a magnificent monday!!
love,
maggie

9 comments:
i think a home decor link up would be so super fun! you should definitely do that!!! Great idea!
i completely agree that fall is just flying by! I was looking at the calendar for the next few months trying to see when we could schedule in a weekend trip and i feel like we're pretty much booked every day until after christmas! eek! It makes the time fly though! I'm sure each day marked off of your pregnancy makes it fly too : )
I am a relatively new reader to your blog and I love it! Kudos. I am 36 weeks pregnant about to have my first little one, and I definitely recomment the childbirth class and the breastfeeding class. Those are the two main ones that all my friends and my dr. have recommended we take. Have a lovely vacation!
Leslie
I am a relatively new reader to your blog and I love it! Kudos. I am 36 weeks pregnant about to have my first little one, and I definitely recomment the childbirth class and the breastfeeding class. Those are the two main ones that all my friends and my dr. have recommended we take. Have a lovely vacation!
Leslie
Hi - I am really enjoying your blog. Thanks. As for the classes, the birth class will give you an idea what to expect and create a flexible "plan" for the birth. I also took the breastfeeding and infant CPR class. My sister went with me (7 years ago) to the breastfeeding class and took notes. I, on the other hand, just listen and knew that there are great nurses to help me along. Seven years later, she is about to have her first baby in India. I am glad she went to the class with me. I wonder if she still has those notes??!! : )
No matter what you take, it will help you become prepared to welcome your beautiful new baby. Best of luck. New babies are the best. :)
Martha
we didn't do either of those classes- only parenting, which honestly was a waste. if i could go back, i would do the childbirth and breastfeeding, but i do feel like breastfeeding would be better after the baby is here because some of it won't make sense until you actually have him on you. the breathing techniques in childbirth would have come in handy when my epidural came out with baylor! LOL LOL OUCH
oh and i like the idea of faith related! maybe verse of the week with a anecdote to go along with.
Definitely do the childbirth and breastfeeding classes. I also read a couple of books on childbirth and breastfeeding. One was called something about the "partner's guide" and was for hubby, but I read it instead and then told him about it. :) It was great. I refused to take it back to the library until after I delivered.
Found it - it's called The Birth Partner. Highly recommend it!
Oh, and I came over here to encourage you to link up to my new pregnancy link up! I skimmed your post and didn't see your link up thingy until I'd already replied twice. I blame it on the pregnancy brain. :)
So no, I don't think you should do a pregnancy link up...I think you should join mine!! lol
Post a Comment