....i'm errrrr... ready to go??
not quite yet. but just in case, i started getting my bag ready for the hospital yesterday. i decided that i would rather do it right now than to have to scramble to get things together last minute, most likely forgetting a lot of the essentials. we like about 10 minutes from the hospital so it wouldn't be the end of the world if i forgot something, but my ocd, type-a personality got the best of me yesterday and i decided to go for it.
my list as of now includes:
* toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste, brush, deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, etc.)
* two nursing bras, a package of nursing pads, and nipple cream
* two pairs of nursing/loose fitting pajamas
* an outfit to wear home
* comfortable shoes and slippers
* socks to keep my toes warm
* a book - not sure if i'll actually read it, but i've heard it can get kinda boring.
* ipod and ipod speakers
* cell phone, camera, video camera, computer, and chargers for all four
* health insurance card and pediatrician phone number
the list for baird includes:
* his going home outfit
* warm socks/booties and a cap since it will most likely be freezing outside
* a receiving blanket
* his baby book to put his footprints in
* the installed car seat
so this is what i've got so far.
any of you veteran moms have anything to add? do tell.
love,
maggie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to be prepared! I have no suggestions for your bag because I will probably be referencing this post when it's time to pack my own but I will say that you better post a picture of his going home outfit! Did you get anything special for it?
Might want to pack a small portable fan...it can get hot while you are in labor and this can provide some relief.
Also, a heating pad helps with the cramping.
Hair ties to throw your hair up and get to work! ;)
not a mom, but i would bring outfits for him to wear in the hospital otherwise he'll be stuck in hospital onesies which aren't too cute!
man oh man you are so on top of things! sounds like you have a most of it covered! that has to be the most exciting thing to pack :)
thanks for the advice guys!! even as prepared as i am, i'm sure i'll forget something essential.
and lyndsey, i still haven't figured out exactly what he is going to wear. everyone i've talked to said its no big deal since you just drive home but i do want it to be special. i'll get back to you!
I'd agree with the extra outfits to wear at the hospital you want him to look cute for all those pictures! Perhaps a little makeup (you want to look cute for all those pictures) and lipbalm. Hair ties. Also straws! I'm sure your hospital would have them but mine couldn't find any when I really wanted a drink but couldn't manage to sit up enough to do it myself and I was so relieved that I'd packed a couple after a friend reccomended I do so after the same thing happened to her. What I also found handy was to pack everything in ziplocs. I packed complete baby outfits including diapers into one ziploc so it meant it was really easy to grab one when getting baby washed and dressed without having to look through everything and also mant my husband could dress the baby in something that actualy matched! I did the same for myself. It just made things so much easier when I went to shower, just grab my toiletry bag and a ziploc with clean everything in and off I went.
Love your blog! I found it on Kellys Korner show us your life and your home is just precious!
Post a Comment