01 July 2010

hello long weekend, so glad you are here.

One of the joys for me about teaching summer school is that my Thursday is actually my Friday. And seeing as how Monday is a holiday, as of today when I finished school, I have a 4-day-weekend!! I could not be more excited! We already have a ton planned including, but not limited to...

  • Hanging wallpaper tonight in the dining room
  • Going to Canton tomorrow with my sister, her husband, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, and my mom! I am hoping to find some fun vintage decorations for our dining room (think antique tin pie plates, ironstone, etc.) 
  • Going to our usual 4th of July festivities in Granbury on Saturday and Sunday. For some odd reason, Granbury decided to have the parade on Saturday and the fireworks on Sunday, so we will be staying there for a good portion of the weekend :)
  • Celebrating my birthday with family and friends on Monday and Tuesday. Although I'm not big into birthday celebrations, I always enjoy spending time with the people I love. 
I'm assuming the majority of our weekend will be spend in the pool, on the lake, and perusing the booth on the square. A fun and relaxing weekend after a couple of hard-working weeks on the house. 

Next week will be back to the grind, finishing some last minute painting and trimming out the beadboard in the dining room. I am so ready to get that room done so the front of the house will be complete! 

So what are yalls plans for the weekend? Are you hanging around the house or going on a mini-vacation? 

love, 
maggie 

1 comment:

Lissa Michelle said...

have fun in canton! sounds like y'all have a busy weekend planned!