i love, love, love everything that we have in the room, although some of it definitely needs some editing. the two fabric swatches is the fabric we have already chosen to reupholster the chair in. the stripe will go on the majority of the chair and the tufted buttons and gathered skirt will be done in the solid blue linen color. i love this chair and can't wait to see what it looks like once it is brought out of the 1970s.
the dresser also needs a little tlc, although it is growing on me more and more. i'm thinking we are going to go with a really fun color on this piece, since we are 99.9% positive that we are going to do a white crib. if you haven't noticed already, we really love white :) because our main color scheme includes an aqua blue color, a yellowish tan color, and two linen colors, i am thinking of bringing in a red color, or maybe even coral.
the last picture just shows you the wall where the crib is going to be. that is all furniture that we are getting rid of. we are going to center it on the wall.
so that's where we are and this is where we are headed... for now at least...
crib {target}
bedding {serena and lily}
ottoman for in front of the couch. love the play on texture {overstock}
griffin's favorite {overstock}
and mine {overstock}
art in a group of three over the crib {etsy}
wooden alphabet letters painted and lined horizontally on the stripes {hobby lobby}
this is all i have dreamt up so far, although i know a ton more accessories will make their way into the room. i searched far and wide for pillows for the couch, but was unable to find any that i LOVED. i am sure that they will be found randomly at TJ Max, Marshalls, or another cheap store and am thinking there will be some blue, coral, yellow, and green action going on. as far as the drapes go, we will most likely go with painter's drop-clothes since that seems to be my obsession these days.
so what do you guys think?
and which rug do you like better? you can be honest.
although I may not be with Griffin if he wins the poll.
love,
Maggie










6 comments:
aw it's gonna be just so cute : )
I can't decide which rug I like--they're both so different!
it's all so cute! i can't wait to see it all put together! i like the gender neutralness of it all too - those print are great for a boy or girl! but i have to ask - no more jenny lind crib?
adorable! sorry, griff, but i like maggie's rug. ;)
I think you guys are vampires... We leave your house at night and it is transformed by morning! Ha
I love love the art prints! I also kinda like griffs rug... But I am still intrigued by adding coral in! I wish I was your child!
I plan on using a white sofa from our office in our future nursery as well and a storage ottoman in front of the sofa. oh, and my nephew had a jenny lind crib in white in his nursery...it didn't look girly
I'm glad to hear it didn't look girly! Maybe we will go for it still... i just love the look.
Post a Comment